Sunrise Senior Living UK has celebrated brilliance across the organisation, at their annual Excellence Awards Ceremony.
The event, which was part of their 2020 UK Kick Off Leadership Conference, brought together General Managers, Deputy Managers, Sales Leaders and Senior Support Office Managers.
The Excellence Awards recognised and celebrated the outstanding achievements of team members during 2019. The awards were split over numerous categories, including two new awards: Activities Champion and Team Member Leader.
As well as awarding prizes to distinguished team members, the conference raffle raised over £2,250 for the Good Samaritan Fund. This fund has been created to help team members at Sunrise UK, and its affiliates, who are suffering severe financial hardship - resulting from a catastrophic event in their lives. The first prize of a two-week holiday at a villa in Northern Cyprus went to Gill Fitches, Head of HR Business Partners.
Suzanne Foody, Benefits and Reward Manager at Sunrise Senior Living UK, said,
“It’s fantastic to celebrate all of the wonderful work our team members do at Sunrise Senior Living UK. We wouldn’t be able to provide outstanding services to all residents without the dedication, enthusiasm and amazing care from every single person within our organisation. I’m hugely proud of all our achievements in 2019 and look forward to what we can achieve in 2020!”
The full list of award categories and winners:
- Tamara Juckes, Activities and Volunteer Coordinator, Sunrise of Banstead (Highly Commended)
Champion of Quality Care:
- Geraldine Parke, Regional Quality Partner (Winner)
Joy in Service (Regional)
- Dawn Buchanan-Hole, Learning & Development Manager (Winner)
- Paul Roberts, Senior Project Manager (Highly Commended)
Joy in Service (Community)
- Patrick Maher, Maintenance Coordinator, Sunrise of Chorleywood (Winner)
Team Member Leader
- Giles Conroy, Executive Chef (Winner)
- Meena Mehta, Assisted Living Coordinator, Sunrise of Solihull (Highly Commended)
- Sue Beckett, Head House-Keeper, Sunrise of Mobberley (Winner)
- Suzanne Garston, General Manager, Sunrise of Banstead (Winner)
If you are considering a career in care, or would like to find out more about working at Sunrise click here.